Wednesday 9 May 2012

The Black Dog meets the Moomins

When the Black Dog lies heavily on me, stubborn sod that it is, I can't do much of anything, including read.  It's a matter of concentration and my brain just won't do it. It flatly  refuses to see meaning in words  or get absorbed in a story.  Unless the story is about Moomins.
For some reason I can always go to Moominvalley no matter what, and get involved in the daily musings or adventures of all inhabitants.  Moominmamma  is especially wonderful, God bless her, and a keen gardener.

It's a comfort to know that I have somewhere good to go and I will always see a spark of wisdom and truth about life, no matter how small it seems.

Never be reluctant to re-aquaint yourself with a childhood treasure.  A treasure is a treasure is a treasure (apologies to Gertrude).



The Lovely Moominmamma
  

No comments:

Post a Comment