Thursday 19 July 2012

Here Comes The Sun...

"Here comes the sun and I say - it's alright"

My favourite track off Abbey Road.
Here are some pics of the best bits of my garden right now... hope they make you feel like the sun's coming out :)



Delft blue Agapanthus


The Bishop of Oxford


The Bishop and a bee


the clematis on the shed


border edge lovelies



Hog weed



Lucifer son of the morning


Tamburo dahlia


Russian Giant sunflower


Mae strawberries


Salvia & sea holly


yarrow, salvia, campanula


I like to grow things I can cut and bring into the house, and have plants that flower at different times.  Hopefully I should be able to keep harvesting til October.  Bringing the colours and scents of the garden inside is wonderful, a little thing that brings a lot of pleasure. Never mind fancy or expensive vases, jam jars are great!



sweet peas, feverfew, roses, sunflowers


a Tess rose in all her glory - wish you could scratch & sniff this


my sugar snap pea harvest - I'm so proud ! sniff...


comfrey


Well that's all folks...happy gardening and may you never find a slug in your wellies :)

1 comment:

  1. I want to be a bee in your garden and tumble around all those gorgeous flowers all day!

    ReplyDelete