Tuesday 23 October 2012

Cattus Gardenus







Cats and gardens, for some a tricky combination to be sure, judging by all the anti-cat sprays and such like available in garden centres.  Along with slugs, rats, mice etc they are put in the pest control aisle.
I'll be straight up about this from the start, if the question of cat or dog was put to me (like in those celebrity Q&A things in magazines), my answer is cat.  So now you know where I'm coming from.  
This does not mean I have kittens on plates round my house, own fluffy toys, or wear jumpers with cats on, nor do I treat them like the Egyptians and shave my eyebrows off when they die.  It's just that since growing up with cats I like them as companions and can't help it.





Misty Mab




My current cat companion is like a little familiar.  When I am out in the garden she wants to be there too, find the warmest place to sit and look all Zen.

I have been having a lot of garden days recently, getting out there early to do the autumn jobs of dividing, planting, moving, cutting back, weeding and mulching.  Making the most of any October sun, which I prefer to summer sun.

My cat discovered a new place to sit and observe these activities and, of course, to feel the sun.



the Mab & the chimenea
 




She does not dig up bulbs, eat the plants or sit on seedlings. Her most annoying habit is curling up in my violin case (she is white and leaves hair everywhere), but a few sharp bows to the  high E string soon put pay to that.



If you don't like the sight of cats in gardens, look away now...

























camouflage cat!












squashed lettuce cat :(










curious cat


No comments:

Post a Comment