Friday 3 August 2012

All the Big Trees


The Copper Beech in the Storey Garden



Over the years I've seen this tree decorated with ribbons and art works, it's trunk pasted with silver and gold prayer papers, but for a long time now the tree has been left alone.
A narrow path passes directly underneath where you can stand for as long as you like and be enclosed, look up into the canopy which is so many different greens in the filtered light.

Your first view of this tree however is one of bronze and red-purple, deep and dark.  This big tree likes to brood.















Looking Up



It's a good thing to look up, I reckon, either at the tops of trees or buildings and even better - the sky.
Otherwise you can spend too much time looking at the ground or your feet, other people, traffic, commercial mess and sprawl.
I know I'm a country girl at heart but I recommend this to anyone.  When the sky is not dishcloth grey and there are clouds I can feel 10 years old again.  That cloud looks like Iceland! After a while staring into infinite blue I think I'm looking at a painting.


Here are some pics I took while looking up in my garden.
















Blue is...


freedom
escape
infinity
the horizon
sea
sky
beyond reach
deep
rich
cool
home
melancholy
contemplative



lapis lazuli turquoise azure cobalt ultramarine prussian cerulean
  

No comments:

Post a Comment